It’s been almost a month since I gave birth and as I look at my body in the mirror I feel dull everytime I saw those changes with my body particularly the bulging tummy. As early as today I am not yet allowed to do abdominal exercise. My doctor advised me to start with abdominal exercise two months after giving birth. So all I can do now is wear that waist corset belt. I want my flat tummy back! How? The best way to do it is by doing a regular exercise.
I did a research and I found out that the following exercises are very helpful in bringing back those abdominal muscles and regain the flat tummy we use to have before we get pregnant.
- Walking. You may start by walking 15-20 minutes a day. A stroll in the neighbourhood with your baby on the stroller is perhaps a good idea and a great form of bonding with your baby.
- Jogging, from walking take a higher notch by doing a jog. Its a great cardiovascular exercise. Jogging strengthen and tone your muscle and gives you a good overall physical condition.
- Kegels is done by repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor. Kegels improves the muscle tone by strengthening the pubococcygeus muscles of the pelvic floor
- Pelvic Tilt develops support for lower back, abdomen and sacroiliac joint.
- Light Stretching. Although it may not cause any changes in the muscle, stretching develops the flexibility of a weak muscle.
These are just few exercises that you can try. I can’t wait to do these once I am fit to do all those exercises for me to achieve my pre-pregnancy body once again. I know it wouldn’t be easy for me so I need tons of determination and inspiration to be successful in this goal.